Welcome to Charger Football 2015! Our upcoming season looks to be another great year. I believe that Edison Football is successful because the coaches, parents and players all work together. Please remember that your role as a parent in the education of your child is vital, because the support you show at home is often manifested in the ability of the student to accept opportunities and responsibilities presented to them at school, on the playing field, and in life.
I believe very strongly in the Student-Athlete title here at Edison. Striving to be the best, both in the classroom and on the playing field, is one of our highest goals. Football is about Teamwork, Commitment, Sacrifice, Self-motivation, Unselfishness, Class and High Morals. These are the reasons why I believe Football will prepare your son for life’s everyday struggles.
You can have a major influence on your student’s attitude about academics and athletics. The leadership role you take will help influence your child, and our community, for years to come.
• Realize that athletics are part of the educational experience, with life-long benefits.
• Encourage your player to do their best, no matter if they are on the playing field or in the Classroom.
• Participate in positive cheers that encourage our student-athletes, and discourage any cheer that redirects the focus.
• Learn, understand, and respect the rules of the game. Respect the officials who administer the game and their decisions.
• Respect the coaching staff and the decisions they make. Support them as they strive to educate and mentor our youth.
• Respect our opponents as student-athletes, and acknowledge them as they strive to do their best.
• Get involved with the Football Booster Club activities.
By working together, we can make Charger Football 2015 the best season ever. Please help me push your son to excel in the classroom and support our Team on the playing field.
Thank you for your support.
Coach Dave White